Monday, March 1, 2010

"Create" a Family Favorite

Today I'm sharing our favorite soup.  Chicken Tortellini Soup.  AWESOME.  Great Flavor.  Easy to Make.  And if you are a Weight Watcher Counter, one serving = 4 pts.  Add a slice of homemade whole wheat bread with 1/2 T. butter spread, and you have a 5 1/2 pts meal.

Chicken Tortellini Soup
Makes 8 servings


5 c. water
3 10.5-oz can chicken broth
1 10 3/4-oz can cream of chicken soup
2 c. cubed cooked chicken
1 c. chopped onions
1 c. sliced carrots
2 clove minced garlic
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp oregano
1 7-oz pkg dry cheese tortellini
1 10-oz pkg frozen broccoli, thawed or use fresh
1/4 c. parmesan cheese, if desired

In large stockpot, combine water, chicken broth, soup, chicken, onions, carrots, garlic, basil and oregano. Bring to a boil; add tortellini. Simmer uncovered for 30 min., stirring occasionally. Add broccoli; simmer an additional 5-10 min or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Serve with parmesan cheese.

It seems like all I've "created" lately is cooking (which is fine) but I'm ready to "create" with paper....tonight!!

**UPDATE** - I just won 3 Provo Craft cartridges from mypinkstamper.com .   I'm so excited!!  Now I'm really in the mood to touch paper.

1 comment:

  1. This soup sounds delicious!!

    I saw your post on the cricut MB ~ I am going to follow you!! (scrappinmystressaway)

    ReplyDelete