Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"Create" ... Romantic Getaways & Teriyaki Chicken

Long time -- no post.  I've been vacationing with my sweet hubby in a much warmer climate.  Yeah...can you say wonderful!  I noticed I received a blog award.  Fun.  I just need to figure out what I'm suppose to do.  (I'm new to this whole blogging world).  But how fun is that!!  Thanks.  Until then, thought I'd post one of our favorite meals.  It's our copycat of Teriyaki Stix Rice Bowl.  Yum!!

Teriyaki Chicken
Makes 4 servings

2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into bite-sized pieces
1-2 tbs evoo (olive oil)
2 clove crushed garlic
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1/2 c. applesauce
2/3 c. brown sugar
4 tbs ketchup
1 tbs vinegar
1/2 c. water
2/3 c. soy sauce
Capful bourbon whiskey (optional)

Heat oil in lg. skillet. Cook chicken until lightly browned. Remove chicken. Add remaining ingred., heating over med heat until well mixed and dissolved. Add chicken and bring to a hard boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 min. Serve over hot rice.  I served with vegetables too, for a nice rice bowl.

Some of these ingredients sound strange together, i.e. ketchup and applesauce, but it really works and is wonderful.  I got this recipe off of recipezaar.com (which is one of my favorite sites).  It was the top rated on the site.

Enjoy~~

No comments:

Post a Comment