Friday, September 24, 2010

"Create" ... Give Thanks Card

This card was inspired by Robyn at MyPinkStamper.com.  She challenged us to make something with a bird.  Because of the season that's approaching, I choice the Ever-Thankful Tom.
The patterened paper is from SEI.  The cut is the turkey from "Create a Critter", cut at 3 1/4".  I embossed the hat and sides of his tummy with "Organic Flourish" from Cuttlebug.  The feathers are embossed with "Swiss Dots".

I used my computer for the sentiment.  It is the "Olive Oil" font.

I added a strip of the patterned paper to the inside with a beige piece of cardstock.  The edges are inked with "tea dye" distress inks.

Thanks Robyn for this challenge.  It makes me try new cuts and cartridges.
Enjoy~~

6 comments:

  1. you did great job.

    stop on over and visit my blog and projects too. follow me and comment.

    i do monthly giveaways without warning so the more you post the better you have. you never know, there may just be a surprise giveaway in the near future.

    http://turnedgypsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it a lot! The background paper is really pretty!! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute, did I mention I like all the embossing? Great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute!!
    I am having a cricut cart give away. Check out my blog for details:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I truly appreciate your inspiration and style. I chose you for a Stylish Blogger Award. If you wanna keep this going you can see the rules on my blog. Thanks again. scrappincatscreativeendeavors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh...this card is so dang cute!!
    Thanksgiving is one of my fav Holidays!
    I love visiting your blog...I have an award for you. Please stop by my blog and pick it up :)
    Thanks!
    Lisa H.
    lisastuf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete