Monday, September 13, 2010

"Create" ... Sweet's for My Grandson

Two months...no posts...too busy having fun.  Today I will be a grandma again.  I might say it's the best job in the world and it helps that my grandkids are so stinkin' cute!!!  I just had a shower for my daughter and gave these sour cream containers as favors. 

So easy to make.  I watched a video by Dawn for the instructions, click here for that preview.  The shower's color scheme was blue and brown.  The paper is from the "Twinkle Twinkle Little Boy" paper pack from My Mind's Eye.

The diaper pin was from "New Arrival".  The cut is labeled Safety Pin and was cut at 2 1/2" on shadow.  You'll get three pins in each cut.  I stamped it with "baby" in brown ink.

I crimped each end to give it that finished look with my Fiskars crimper. 

The blue candy I used pretty much filled this size.  I did cover my Hershey nuggets with a 1x3" strip of pattered paper.


I don't have a picture but did make a VERY LARGE sour cream container out of a 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper for a shower game prize.  SO CUTE!!!

For the light dinner we served:
 Chicken Salad Sandwiches on Croissants
Fresh Melon Salad
 Cucumber Water
Cupcakes with Light Blue Frosting sprinkled with Oreo crumbs and grated chocolate
Used a white cake mix and added about 1/4 c. blue sItprinkles to batter to give it a Funfetti look.
(found this amazing frosting for people who don't like frosting, it's light, airy and a hint of sweet,  LOVE IT)
Mini Upside-down Brownies
(Put brownie mix in a mini muffin tin then turned them upside-down.  I added a little chocolate frosting swirl on top with blue sprinkles)

Babies are SO fun.  Hope you enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment